Welsh Triathlon Limited (WT) is the National Governing Body for Triathlon and it’s multi sports in Wales. It is a non-for-profit company registered in England and Wales (number 7205079) whose offices are based at Sport Wales National Centre, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff, CF11 9SW.
Our mission is to increase participation, raise the profile, and ensure the sustainability of triathlon, and its related sports in Wales by:
a) taking positive action to support the development and growth of our membership, clubs and workforce to enable everyone in the community to enjoy the sport;
b) facilitating a full portfolio of amazing events engaging everyone;
c) developing performance athletes and coaches able to inspire others and represent us on the world stage; and
d) being recognised as a high performing organisation
WT will be Data Controller (the collector and user of personal data determining how data is used) for information regarding its members. A Processing Agreement is required between WT and British Triathlon Federation (BTF) as it services information on behalf of Welsh Triathlon.
BTF has outlined its data protection Privacy Notices for use of systems such as; the membership portal, online event entry system, course booking system, club affiliation system, coaching hub, officials management system, age group team management and event results systems, on its website HERE
This data collection, use, storage and retention is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Rules which came into force 25th May 2018.
Who we collect information about
The types of personal information that WT may handle includes information about:
- Members (of both WT and affiliated clubs) and, where applicable, their guardians;
- Current, past and prospective employees, officers, board and committee members, volunteers, interns, consultants and contractors;
- Registered athletes (Academy and National programme athletes)
- Event participants
- Individuals who have undertaken training or qualifications through WT or partner organisations
- Tutors, coaches and course providers
- Suppliers and sponsors
- Others with whom it communicates
What information do we collect
As a member of Welsh Triathlon we collect and process the following personal information for a contractual purpose, to provide you with core membership services (for example but not limited to insurance, membership card, licensing) and send you membership communications (for example but not limited to general meeting notices, membership renewals, membership fee information, membership benefits):
- Personal details – such as name, title, address, email addresses, telephone numbers, date of birth, gender, account passwords
- Participation details – for example club
- Equality information – disability (if any), ethnic group, religious belief, gender identity and sexual orientation
- Payment details – credit/debit card details (which we do not retain) and bank details
- Membership photo – membership card
- Marketing communication preferences
- Records of interactions such as telephone conversations, emails and your instructions to us
- Records of your attendance at events or competitions hosted by us or permitted event organisers
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes of complying with our obligations under the Companies Act 2006 and the Equality Act 2010.
We also process members personal information in pursuit of legitimate interests to
- Monitor and develop participation
- Monitor and review equal opportunity - using aggregated and anonymised reporting
- Filming and photography for promotional and educational use
- Workforce Awards and guest invitations
- Respond to and communication with regards complaints or allegations
- Monitor website use – google analytics
- IT security in conjunction with British Triathlon
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to us using your personal information. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact email@example.com.
Welsh Triathlon would also like to be able to use your personal data to send out marketing communications to promote and encourage participation. This would include monthly newsletters, event promotions and offers from sponsors and partners.
Who we share your personal information with
WT may share data with external parties. This will be limited to data strictly required for that specific purpose. WT will take reasonable steps to ensure the recipient shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes. External parties may be:
- Sport Wales - information including images or videos taken at events for promotional and/or journalistic purposes
- Statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations - Health and Safety Executive, Disclosure & Barring Service and UK Police.
- Professional and legal advisors for taking advice
- British Triathlon and the other Home Nations for events and membership administration
- Individual Clubs (limited information) - if you have indicated you are a club member
- Event organisers and committees (limited information) where confirmation of membership is required to enter an event such as a National Championship or British Series
- Data processors (where we have a processing agreement) such as mailchimp, survey monkey, cloud-based storage
- Payment providers to take fees for example for membership, coaching courses or to pay expenses incurred as a tutor
- Triathlon Trust – if you have consented
- Tutors and coaches where contracted to offer services on our behalf
- Third party Google Analytics
How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Data will be deleted in accordance with the Welsh Triathlon Retention Schedule, where you have not renewed your membership after 6 years.
We will keep certain personal information of members for longer to confirm your identity, when you were a member of Welsh Triathlon and for how long. We need to do this to comply with the Companies Act 2006, which requires us to keep a register of members, or in the event of a claim against Welsh Triathlon.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation 2018, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you. You can read more about these rights at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/is-my-information-being-handled-correctly/
Your rights include the right to:
- request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a subject access request
- request we correct or complete personal information should you believe any of your personal information is inaccurate
- request we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes
- request we delete your personal information
Welsh Triathlon tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and processing personal information. We take complaints very seriously and encourage people to bring to our attention any misleading, unfair or inappropriate collection or use of information. You can contact us using the details below.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) https://www.ico.org.uk/concerns
How to contact us
Date 25th May 2018