Year the club was founded: 2013
Size: 80 members
Type e.g. junior/senior: Senior (University)
- Monday: Cycle track @ Maindy 20:30-21:30
- Tuesday: Tempo running @ Roath Rec 18:30-19:30
- Wednesday: Swimming @ StarHub 07:30-08:30
- Wednesday: Cycle track @ Maindy 17:00-18:00
- Thursday: Open water swimming @ CIWW 06:30-08:00 (Summer only)
- Thursday: Social running @ CUSU 18:30-19:30
- Saturday: Interval running @ Bute Park 09:00-10:00
- Sunday: Social rides @ Lidl Cathays 09:00-12:00
- Sunday: Swimming @ CIP 18:00-19:00
Something unique about your club/best thing about your club:
Despite still being relatively young, the club has created a welcoming and open environment for all students of any sporting ability. In our short time we have won Cardiff University Most Improved Club (2017), Cardiff University Club of the Year (2019), and Welsh Triathlon GoTri Organisers of the Year (2019). We run numerous social and educational events alongside the training sessions to engage our members as best we can and work hard on athlete development.
Key club contacts: Ellie Reynolds, Club President email@example.com
Events the club run:
Cardiff University GoTri – next event scheduled for Sunday 1st November but run at least 2 a year.
The club has such a great community that makes everyone of all abilities feel welcome. Other club members always go out of their way to help each other, whether that be through some coaching tips, or helping with bike mechanics. Everyone is so friendly and makes me feel really welcome to come and push myself as hard as I can. The club does a lot of social aspects as well as the sport, and the week away on tour is definitely the highlight of the year!