Welsh Triathlon is seeking to appoint a strategic and dynamic individual with the necessary blend of skills and experience to act as Independent Chair of the board.
More specifically to provide committed leadership to the Board and Chief Executive, acting as a driving force to further develop its commitment and vision to increasing and consolidating participation in one of the fastest growing sports in Wales.
Welsh Triathlon is the National Governing Body (NGB) for triathlon in Wales. Its board of voluntary directors is bound by articles and is charged with running the sport of triathlon in Wales; overseeing the affairs of Welsh Triathlon to ensure that all funded money is used appropriately; and driving the strategy to increase participation in the sport and ensure its athletes can excel.
Applicants for the position of Chair of the Welsh Triathlon should meet the following requirements:
Key skills, experience and qualifications required:
- Experience as a Director, Trustee or Committee Member in either a commercial, voluntary or public sector context;
- Recent experience of chairing boards, committees and meetings;
- Established reputation as a leader and strategic thinker in either a commercial, voluntary or public sector context;
- Significant experience of operating at a senior level in a strategic capacity;
- A sound working knowledge of the sport and the public and private sectors;
- Ability in partnership working and relationship management;
- Able to build and maintain strong, transparent relationships with key stakeholders;
- Ability to support, challenge and manage a relationship with senior staff and Board Members;
- Experience of speaking in public and to the media.
Further information and a full role description can be found here. The closing date is 31.07.2020 and interviews will be held in early August.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.