The final event of the Tristar season took place at the weekend, as Conwy Tristars took their event East and brought the junior season to a close.
Josephine Hurst cemented her place on top of the TS1G category with a maximum 500points, after her 8th win of the season at Conwy. Second spot for Brecon’s Aelwen Davies and a 3rd finish for Denbigh’s Lily Roberts meant that there was a tie for 2nd place as both ended with 450 points. Big congratulations also for Celtic Tri’s Ella Harris who was 4th in the TS1G category overall and was the only person to complete all Tristar Series events.
Having already won five events this season, Cerist’s Daniel Warrender reached a maximum 500points, so his second space in Conwy didn’t affect the scores. First place for Denbigh’s Ewan Leonard ensured his second place in the series and a 3rd place finish for clubmate Iestyn Evans also saw him finish the series in 3rd spot.
Maximum points before the final event for Cardiff Junior triathlons Anwen Neesham meant she finished with a total of 500points, A second place for Denbigh’s Maddy James confirmed her 2nd place with Pembrokeshire’s Elanor White finishing the series in 3rd spot. Robyn Becks’ win at Conwy meant that she finished the TS2G category within the top 10.
Triathlon coaching Wales finished top of the tree in the TS2B category as 490 points for Trystan James secured top spot with teammate Jac Thomas finishing second with 460points. Ifan Bowen joined Jack in joint second with 460points, and with neither of the Series top 3 competing in Conwy, the event Podium went to Pembrokeshires’ Dewi Thomas and Denbighshires’ William Prichard and Elliot Jones.
Within TS3G, Abigail Davies’ clean sweep of 5 victories earlier in the season meant that she finished the series on maximum points. Victory at Conwy for Ruthin’s Neisha Roberts confirmed her series standing of second with a total of 470 points. Pembrokeshires’ Megan Thomas was third in the series with 445points. Second Place in Conwy went to Cerists’ Freya Thapa and 3rd place to Alyssa Baker.
The TS3B was secured by Liam Edwards, who again achieved maximum points with five victories throughout the season, with Luke Wyatt sitting in second with 455points. Neither Liam or Luke took part in Conwy but a 2nd place finish for Ruthin’s Ioan Oldfield consolidated 3rd place in the series with 445points. 1st Place at Conwy was taken by Cameron Shaw with Oliver Jones securing third spot.
Tristar Series 2018 Final Standings
Tristar 1 Girls
- Josephine Hurst – Denbighshire Triathlon Club – 500 points
- Aelwen Davies – Brecon triathlon Club – 450 points
- Lily Roberts – Denbighshire Triathlon Club – 450 points
Tristar 2 Girls
- Anwen Nesham – Cardiff Junior Triathlon Club – 500 points
- Maddy James – Denbighshire Triathlon Club – 460 points
- Eleanor White – Pembrokeshire Triathlon Club - 445 points
Tristar 3 Girls
- Abigail Davies – Triathlon Coaching Wales – 500 points
- Neisha Roberts – Ruthin Tristars – 470 points
- Megan Thomson – Pembrokeshire Triathlon Club – 445 points
Tristar 1 Boys
- Daniel Warrender – Cerist Triathlon Club – 500 points
- Ewan Leonard – Denbighshire Triathlon Club – 485 points
- Iestyn Evans – Denbighshire Triathlon Club – 450 points
Tristar 2 Boys
- Tristyn James – Triathlon Coaching Wales – 490 points
- Jac Thomas – Triathlon Coaching Wales – 460 points
- Ifan Bowen – (unattached) – 460 points
Tristar 3 Boys
- Liam Edwards – Pembrokeshire Triathlon Club – 500 points
- Luke Wyatt – Triathlon Coaching Wales – 455 points
- Ioan Oldfield – Ruthin Tristars – 445 points.
A full breakdown of the final Tristar Series points can be found by clicking here.
Welsh Triathlon would like to thank all event organisers that helped facilitate the Tristar Series in 2018, as well as the club coaches, parents and supporters who make such an effort to take their children to the events throughout the season. Big congratulations to every participant who took part throughout the season, we hope you enjoyed the events you took part in, and we look forward to seeing you at a new revamped 2019 Season. An announcement on the 2019 calendar will be made before Christmas, but there will be a requirement for ALL participants of the series to pre-register next year. Announcements will be posted across the Welsh Triathlon website, social media platforms and through the clubs.