Welsh Government Guidance Update and Office Closure Information
With the latest Welsh Government announcement, we would like to repeat the messages to stay safe this Christmas and New Year; by getting fully vaccinated, taking regular LFT tests, being aware of who and when you are meeting people, and continuing on the mask wearing and hygiene activities.
The First Minister has today announced a suite of new Covid measures to be introduced in Wales from 6am Boxing Day.
The Welsh Government announcement is available here, ac yn Cymraeg yma.
Most significantly for sport and leisure, these measures include:
- Large events will not be allowed indoors or outdoors. The maximum number of people who can gather at an indoor event will be 30 and 50 outdoors.
- There will be an exception for team sports, up to 50 spectators will be able to gather, in addition to those taking part. There is also an exception for events involving children.
Other measures indoors include a return to previous Alert Level 2 restrictions, including:
- A legal requirement to work from home where possible, enforceable by fines on employers and employees.
- A general requirement of 2m social distancing in all premises open to the public and workplaces, where reasonable.
- The rule of six will apply to gatherings in regulated premises, such as hospitality, cinemas and theatres. Any six people may meet in these settings as a bubble.
- All licensed premises will need to take additional measures to protect customers and staff, including table service and collecting contact details.
- Face coverings will be required in hospitality settings at all times apart from when seated.
£120m of business support will be released to support businesses impacted by these changes, in addition to the £3m of support announced for sporting organisations impacted by the removal of spectators. More detail on these funds will be announced.
Our office will be closed until the 4th of January as we have made the decision to support the wellbeing of staff by providing a longer break this year.
We hope you can enjoy some down time whilst staying healthy and active.
Everyone at Welsh Triathlon