As several areas of Wales are now under a local lockdown we wanted to make sure everyone is up to date on the current Welsh Government guidance and the implications for cycling.
Please note only members from within a lockdown area can ride within the borough, no rides should cross into or out of the borough, and participants cannot cross the boundary of the borough to participate in any rides or activities outside the area. The guidance also means crossing into a lockdown borough, even if you do not intend to stop, is not allowed.
- Travel to and from the borough is restricted without reasonable excuse. People should not enter or leave the area to compete or participate in sport, nor cycle across a boundary unless it is an essential journey, such as a commute.
- There are no changes to the regulations on outdoor gatherings for those people within lockdown areas. People can still meet outdoors for sport in groups of up to 30 people. Though please note the previous guidance on club and coached activity still applies to any organised Triathlon activity and this number may not be safely possible. Please click here to see the attest club and coach’s guidance
- Participants MUST be from the borough under lockdown.
- Businesses will not be required to close. This includes indoor sport facilities and restaurants & cafes.
- For all of Wales participation in sport and recreation should be done as locally as possible
We would also like to remind everyone that any activity operating outside the Welsh Government guidance and Welsh Triathlons guidance will not be insured.
Please click here for current information from Welsh Government.
Please click here for the latest Welsh Triathlon Guidance.