With the increasing evidence of the devastating impact of climate change, we are pleased to announce that Welsh Triathlon are taking steps to increase the sustainability and reduce the environmental impact of all our triathlon activity and events. We are committed to making changes to our own operation, and working with all our partners including members, clubs and event organisers to help them to do the same.
We have already begun taking steps in this area, including:
· Moving to electronic membership cards to reduce plastic waste
· Developing online coach education resources to massively reduce paper usage
· Changing our packaging for our membership packages to sustainable versions
· Ensuring our Tri-Active Cymru kit bags have reusable equipment including tape and cable ties
· Working to develop partnerships to provide sustainable membership benefits (watch this space…)
We have also recently signed up to the UN Sport for Climate Action Charter and joined the Welsh Government’s pledge campaign to mark the UK’s hosting of the COP26 climate change summit later this year in Glasgow. The Pledge Campaign is open to any individuals, groups or organisations, so please feel free to join us in this by completing your pledge here.
Over the coming weeks and months we will be taking much more action in this area, and would love for you to get involved too. Please feel free to share any actions, ideas and inspiration you have via our email or social media channels! We are kicking off this month with our Sustainable Commuting Competition – check out the details here.