Friday 23rd April 2021
Following the Welsh Governments announcement on 22nd April 2021 we have updated our guidance accordingly (details below), as Welsh Goverment allow further restriction relaxations to be brought forwards, read more here.
Further information from the Welsh Government can be found by clicking here.
- Organised outdoor activity for children can resume from Saturday 27th March.
- Up to 6 adults from 6 households not including children under 11 years of age or carers from those households will be able to meet outdoors from Saturday 24 April.
- Organised activity for up to 30 adults will begin, as planned, on Monday 26 April.
- Indoor Group activity for up to 15 adults can restart from the 3 May, the same day as the reopening of indoor sporting facilities.
- Numbers for under 18s indoor group activity are not limited and can start from the 3 May, but should still respect physical distancing requirements and the wider guidance on gathering indoors.
CLUB TRAINING AND ACTIVITY
Organised outdoor activity for children can resume from Saturday 27th March,
Organised outdoor activity for adults for up to 30 adults can resume from Monday 26th April.
Organised indoor activity can resume from Monday 3rd May for up to 15 adults and no limit on the number of children but should respect physical distancing requirements and the wider guidance on gathering indoors.
In addition to the government guidance, any organised triathlon activity must also comply with Welsh Triathlons Club and Coach guidance which can be found HERE
From Saturday 24th April six people from six different households will be able to meet outdoors. Please be sure to take sufficient nutrition and hydration for your activity, ensuring you are self-sufficient.
Welsh Government are encouraging people to remain active. Walking, running and cycling are some of the most accessible and viable forms of exercise throughout this period, but please take care and be sure to wear appropriate clothing and check the conditions before departing.
Any activity that you do engage in, please ensure you maintain social distancing throughout.
From Monday 3rd May leisure facilities across Wales will be allowed to re-open. Please liaise with your local leisure facility provider and adhere to their social distancing measures, as well as Welsh Triathlon guidance.
COACH EDUCATION AND EVENTS
All face-to-face coach education has been suspended until restrictions ease, but we will continue to deliver our blended learning modules as planned, with additional coach education CPDs and webinars planned for 2021. Practical face to face sessions on current courses have been postponed and new dates will be planned when restrictions allow.