The Welsh Performance Programme provides additional support for Welsh athletes aged 17+ who have shown the necessary performance and development indicators of the potential to be nominated to represent Wales at future Commonwealth Games and/or to progress onto the World Class Performance Program
Subject to availability and individual athlete needs, Welsh triathlon performance programme athletes will be able to access support in a number of areas, including:
- Access to the National Triathlon Performance Centre Wales as a regular or semi-regular daily training environment
- Access to Welsh Triathlon performance staff, for the following:
- To be a lead program coach or as support to current coaching set up
- For consultation and/or advice regarding training plans/schedules
- To support in planning race schedules and/or qualification campaigns
- Access to sports science and support services delivered from the Cardiff base via NTPCW and/or Sport Wales
- Invitation to international and domestic Welsh Triathlon performance programme training camps and events
- International and domestic race support
- Eligibility to be nominated for Talent Cymru funding
The above is an overview of the support offered by the Welsh Triathlon performance programme. Welsh Triathlon recognise that athletes may be able to access appropriate coaching, training and support services through their existing daily training environments, therefore the objective of the Welsh Triathlon performance programme is not to replace this, but to provide additional value and support where required in order to assist athletes in achieving their potential. Further support may be made available subject to a needs analysis between the athlete and the programme.
Welsh Triathlon Perforamnce Programme section policy can be found here. Applications for the 2019-2020 WTPP have now closed. But applications will be reopening in October 2019.